Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thank You Mood

I have decided to try and be domestic and what better way than taking on a large, complicated sewing project!  First stop, Mood fabrics.  My dreams of seeing Tim Gunn there were not fulfilled but I did find some great fabrics.  To say I was overwhelmed would be a massive understatement.  Hundreds of rolls of fabric in every type, color, pattern imaginable.

I heard a girl next to me talking to one of the employees about how she works for a vendor who sells to Anthropologie and she was finding fabrics for their new spring collection.  Obviously I followed this girl, she was probably uncomfortable with me standing four inches away from her but I didn't care, I had fabric to find.  She picked a few and left a few and one of the rolls she liked but decided against I nabbed.

I found the perfect fabric, bought a few supplies and started sewing.  After one meltdown, a few swear words and a lot unpicking, I finally finished!  Even though I didn't hear Tim Gunn tell me "make it work" I must say I am pretty proud of my final product.


No comments:

Post a Comment