Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Very Special Day

Today is a very special day.  Today is anniversary of the day that someone very very important to me was born.

If there were a way to grab the warm burning feeling I get when he is on my mind and somehow wrap it like a present and give it to him,
I would.

If there were a way to trap the singular moment, frozen, inside my head when I realized that I wanted him to be husband,
I would.

If there were a way that I could show him, even for just a second, how grateful, and I mean truly grateful, I am for his influence in my life,
I would.

If I could tell him how sad it makes me to think about what my life would be like without him. How if this very special day hadn't happened my life would be quite empty.
I wouldn't. I would never tell him that because
It would make him sad.
And that is something I promised I would never do.



No comments:

Post a Comment