Thursday, January 19, 2012

Condensation

I have a problem. It is by far the most plaguing, bothersome thing in my life. It haunts me at least five times a week and anyone that has made toast with me before knows what this monster is: Condensation. Toast, when it comes out of the toaster all hot and crisp, is a beautiful thing. But all that deliciousness is for nothing when uninformed people put that toast on the counter. The cool counter condenses the steam from the hot toast and creates water on the counter that by proximity gets water on the toast. Might as well call it toast tears cause that water on the bread is... horrifying. My very talented brother made me a shirt for Christmas depicting this sad event.
Sad, so sad. My husband, being the genius he is thought of a very thoughtful and practical gift for me, an early birthday present, but it was much more than that. He gave me my toast back. He went to the store last night to buy me gift for my upcoming birthday and when he returned he had a big smile on his face. He told me that he had a present for me. I opened it and this is what I saw:
A napkin holder? He promptly explained that my assumption, while logical, was quite mistaken. In fact it was something far greater than a napkin holder it was, ladies and gentlemen, The Toast Pal. (he named it himself) He then when into a info-merical type dialogue explaining how "are you tired of your toast always getting soggy on the counter? well not anymore with your handy dandy Toast Pal." As silly as it was the toast pal one of the most thoughtful gifts I have ever received. He also bought me a rose, just in case the toast pal wasn't a hit, but it was!

1 comment:

  1. You two should market the Toast Pal. I know there have to be many people (probably in black and white) looking frustrated with their toast. People who think 'there has to be a better way!'

    ReplyDelete